2022 AGM Report
Published 14:18 on 10 Nov 2022
It was great to see over 80 members fill the Memorial Hall for our end of season Prizegiving party and AGM. This news article summarises the event for those who were unable to come.
The full AGM slides can be viewed at the bottom of this page or by clicking here. They provide a good summary of the presentations from:
- Roger Mavity, our Commodore, reflected on a very successful season made possible to a large extent by our volunteer members who he thanked. Roger stressed that no one should feel intimidated about stepping forward to fill roles next year. Roger also thanked his Committee colleagues, particularly Alice McMillan and Alys Turner, who were standing down after several years as Treasurer and Junior Rep respectively.
- The report from the Rear-Commodore Sailing, was also delivered by Roger as Jeremy Western had followed brother Ivan's example of last year and caught Covid just before the meeting. Jeremy's report highlighted the record number of sailing events in 2023 and the very welcome growth in participation of juniors in Club racing. The Club needed to expand the pool of members volunteering - just 17 members had filled the Race Officer duties associated with the 117 races held in 2023 with several doing 5 or more duties. The Club's efforts to manage boat storage appeared to be working and members' continued co-operation would be appreciated as the process of membership and plaque renewal gets under way.
- Jen Watkins, Rear-Commodore Juniors, described another really successful season where we had provided over 130 different juniors with opportunities to enjoy dinghy sailing from the Creek. A notable development was the greater enthusiasm being shown for racing which enable the Club to run its first Junior Race Week.
- Alice McMillan, Treasurer, presented the Annual Accounts. With membership income stable (as we manage growth in numbers) and with other costs increasing, the Club had made a smaller surplus in 2023. Alice's successor as Treasurer was therefore proposing modest increases in charges for 2023 which were agreed by members.
- The proposals to amend the Club's Constitution to reflect changes to Flag Officer and Committee roles were also agreed.
- All those nominated to serve as Flag Officers and Committee members were approved by vote. Nicki Cooper was appointed Treasurer, Valerie Hall a second Social Secretary and Alex Anderson Junior Rep. Kathryn Depaepe joined the Committee.
- Alice McMillan, Julia Launhard and Alys Turner stood down
You can view the Prizegiving slides here.
Below are the slides used in the AGM.
Last updated 22:24 on 22 August 2023