We are sure all our members greatly value the wonderful sailing environment on the Club's doorstep. Yet we must not take it for granted as it is under threat from a wide range of causes - both global and local. These threats include, of course, the impacts each one of us can have when we use the Harbour.
To address this and working together with other Harbour organisations, WWSC has decided to adopt an Environmental Policy. It's aim is to minimise the impact the Club's activities and our members have on the Chichester Harbour environment. You can read the full Policy here.
Some of our priority actions will be to:
- provide local environmental information to our members regarding the protection of sensitive habitats for plants and animals
- exclude all single-use plastics from the club activities
- encourage the recycling of plastic, paper, glass, metal, etc
- support the sharing and reuse of boats and sailing equipment
- reduce water and power consumption
If you would like to be part of an Environmental Volunteer group please contact the Club Secretary.
Last updated 10:28 on 28 September 2023