As the blurb says :
• A modern crisp GRP dinghy with sparkling performance and ease of use that fits the whole family.
• A perfect trainer or for racing.
• Double handed for racing – up to 4 for training
A highly successful Class, the 2000 (formerly the Laser 2000) is the biggest fleet at WWSC with a full open circuit series plus championships, supported by an enthusiastic and very friendly Class Association
With many features found in modern performance classes, such as a gennaker and a self draining cockpit, the 2000 combines exciting sailing with easy handling that inspires confidence. The 2000 is also well established as a great training boat within many leading organisations including the Army over at Thorney Island.
The perfect transition from training into more advanced techniques and racing. The boats reward adjustment to the rig controls in different conditions. It is particularly suited to Chichester Harbour.
RS Sailing became the licensed manufacturer in 2013 and many detailed improvements to the 2000 including new moulds and tooling have helped a new era of Class growth. However, the 'old' Laser models are still competitive.
For more information or to have a go in a 2000 please contact the class captain.
- A perfect balance of performance with ease
- The stiffness and looks of a race boat
- Handling that won't put off the family
- An ideal entry into gennaker sailing using an extending fixed pole
- High Specification Construction
- GRP foam sandwich composite construction.
- High strength laminate for durability and long life.
- Highly stable design that inspires confidence while offering sparkling performance in more experienced hands.
- Spacious self draining cockpit.
- Comfortable side decks and inner seating for young or inexperienced crews.
- Stowage bins in the foredeck for items such as valuables, food and spare clothing.
- Modern Dynamics
- Pivoting centreboard and rudder make launching and recovery safe and simple.
- Strong aluminium alloy rudder stock and tiller
- Tapered mast with adjustable spreaders for bend control to suit a range of sailor weights.
- Boom with integral single line slab reefing system.
- Single line gennaker hoist and bowsprit launch system
Last updated 08:03 on 4 December 2019