Using the Duty Roster
This page gives you the key points for using our online Duty Roster. There's also a downloadable guide with more detail if you need it.
What are the Club's expectations on volunteering?
Our approach is:
- To encourage all members who are fit and able to volunteer for at least 1 Club duty. This may be a race or junior event duty (like the Assistant Race Officer or a Safety Boat role) or any other duties the Club sets up on the Roster.
- To expect members who race regularly themselves or have children who are racers to volunteer for at least 3 Club duties. Regular racers over 18 years should aim to become competent in the Race Officer role and the Club will facilitate this by providing training and a "mentor", if requested.
How do I volunteer for a duty?
It's really easy:
- Log in to your online WWSC member's account
- Click on "Duty Roster" (on the Members' Portal page)
- Scan through the unfilled volunteer duties (they're the ones with a green "Volunteer" button against them) and choose a duty you can do
- Click "Volunteer". NB Only those approved by the Club can volunteer for RIB driver roles.
That's it! You will receive an automatic email confirming you have been assigned the duty. As the event gets nearer you will receive automatic reminders with useful guidance (just in case you forget).
What should I do if I'm unable to do my duty?
It's really important you find someone else to replace you as the event may have to be cancelled if no one turns up for the role allocated to you.
Our online system gives you 2 options to sort this out:
- You can arrange to SWAP your duty by arranging for another member to do your duty in return for you doing theirs, OR
- You can arrange to TRANSFER your duty to another member who has told you they are happy to take it on instead of you.
In both cases, you remain responsible for the duty until the other member has logged in online and agreed to do it. NB If the duty is as a RIB driver you will need to find another member who has been approved before you can SWAP or TRANSFER the duty.
To initiate a SWAP or a TRANSFER just log in, go to "My duties" and click on the appropriate button against the duty.
Please only contact the Club if you have tried and failed to arrange a SWAP or TRANSFER and don't leave this until last moment to give us time to find a replacement so the event can still go ahead.
If you need more help, download the Duty Roster Guide.
Last updated 22:24 on 22 August 2023