2021 AGM Report
Published 08:17 on 21 Nov 2020
Holding a formal AGM over Zoom was never going to be easy - especially as the Club was unable to entice members to attend with the customary refreshments normally offered. Nevertheless we've heard back from many of the more than 100 who attended how much they enjoyed the event.
The full AGM slides can be viewed at the bottom of this page or by clicking here. They provide a good summary of the presentations from:
- Ivan, our Commodore, reviewing what the Club has achieved over 2020 - including the measures we have taken to respond to the 2019 Members Survey and, of course, the pandemic. Ivan passed on the Club's thanks to all those whose work had made this possible.
- Jeremy Western, Sailing Secretary, summarised a sailing season which, despite the absence of any racing until August, was both enjoyable and also saw some excellent turn-outs. He thanked several key volunteers who had done more than their fair share of duties as part of this.
- Will Becker, Junior Co-ordinator, described how the Club had overcome the restrictions of Covid to run several very successful Junior events and enable almost as many juniors to participate as in our previous years.
- Alice McMillan, Treasurer, summarised a year when both income and expenditure had been reduced due to the pandemic. Despite this, our finances were healthy allowing the Club to purchase a second "Lima" and offer a one-off rebate to renewing memberships while keeping subscriptions and charges unchanged.
- The new arrangements for renewing memberships and applying for 2021 plaques, car park permits and engine store stickers were explained.
- And, finally, all those nominated to serve as Flag Officers and Committee members were approved by vote. We welcome Camilla Green, Julian Hall and Mark Lynch to the Committee as Steve Marks and Michael Grant step down having completed many years of service.
2020 AGM Slides
Last updated 09:54 on 24 December 2020