2020 AGM by Zoom! (Nov 13th)
Published 00:00 on 31 Oct 2020
We are required by our Constitution to hold an Annual General Meeting. Without this we cannot approve the annual accounts, appoint new Committee members, or (if necessary) change our subscriptions. Under the current Covid-19 regulations the only way to do this is virtually. This web page is one of the places you can find the relevant information for the meeting.
This includes the formal Notice of the Meeting which is to be held by Zoom on Friday November 13th at 6pm. Here also is the final version of our Nominations Form, the 2020 Annual Accounts, a note explaining changes to our renewals process and a sheet showing our proposed 2021 membership charges. Click on the draft Minutes from our last AGM to download a copy; these also need to be formally approved at the meeting.
It will help if you can pre-register here so we have some indication of numbers. We will aim to keep the formal part of the meeting as short as possible. To help us do this please submit any questions in advance to the Secretary. NB You are welcome to take part even if you don't pre-register but by doing so you will be helping us to manage the meeting better.
In addition to the annual accounts and new Committee appointments, the meeting will be asked to consider a one-off rebate on subscriptions for renewing members in recognition of their continued support following the curtailed offering during the pandemic - so we hope you will help us achieve the quorum needed to approve this!
Although it will help us if questions are submitted in advance, you will be able to raise questions during the meeting using the Zoom "chat" or "Raise hand" facility. For voting we are planning to use the Zoom "polling" function. More info on this below.
Finally, the meeting will end with a virtual Prize Giving immediately after the formal business accompanied by photographs of our 2020 winners and other highlights of what has been an unforgettable 70th anniversary year.
The Zoom invitation link can be found in the Newsletters sent to all members on November 6th and repeated today (November 13th). We cannot provide it here for security reasons.
Please note the following:
- When you click on the Zoom AGM link you will initially go to the meeting "Waiting Room". Please be patient as it may take some time to check attendees and let you in. It will really help us if your Zoom name is one we can recognise!
- To help ensure the speaker can be heard, we will keep everyone else muted.
- If you have a question or comment, please send it to us using Zoom "Chat". We will monitor this and enable you to unmute if needed.
- You can also use the "Raise hand" function to attract attention (which can be found under "Participants").
- Voting will be run using the Zoom "polling" function. We will flag up each time this happens and you will see a voting question with response options appear on your screen. After each vote you will need to close the window on your screen showing the results.
- We will record the meeting to assist provision of the Minutes.
Below is an image showing how to access the "Chat" and "Participants" functions.
If you can't see the Zoom "Chat" or "Participants" windows move your mouse to the bottom of the window to reveal the Zoom menu and click on the appropriate item (Participants - Red arrow), Chat - Pink arrow) - see image above. The "Raise hand" item is at the bottom of the "Participants" window and you type any messages at the bottom of the "Chat" window.
- Nominations Form (revised)
- Changes to Renewal and Plaque issue process
- 2019 AGM Minutes
- Notice of Meeting
- Proposed 2021 membership charges
- 2020 Annual Accounts
Last updated 09:54 on 24 December 2020