Junior Week 2020 Part 2
Part 2 of Junior Week (22-25 July) is aimed at our youth sailors in Toppers, Lasers and singlehanded Picos and Zests. Unfortunately, Covid-19 restrictions make it too difficult to offer double-handed sailing this year. If your child sails an Oppie you should book a ticket on Part 1 of Junior Week. Please do not try to book a junior onto both Part 1 and Part 2 - we are trying to give as many of our members as possible the chance to sail.
Minimum skill level required is at least RYA Stage 1 plus the ability to sail in and out of the creek unsupported (being comfortable on all points of sail in moderate wind). The aim is for instructors to be able to support at a safe distance and to only interact physically in emergency. If your child isn't ready for that and might require closer instruction, we ask that you please don't book. Unfortunately closely supported instruction, especially for beginners, is just not possible at the moment.
- While onshore sailors will be split into groups of 5 singlehanders each with one instructor to comply with the Covid-19 restrictions.
- Afloat, the latest advice allows for larger fleets to form for some of the activities.
- For each group we will be offering Destination Sailing, Harbour Treasure Hunts, Mini Races, Skills Tests and more, as appropriate to the sailors involved
- Each day will run for approximately 4-5 hours
- We are planning a pre-Junior Week MOT on Friday July 17 and a virtual prizegiving on the evening of July 25
For Part 2 there are 3 types of ticket available:
- JW Part 2 (Own boat) - i.e. your own Topper, Laser or Pico/Zest
- JW Part 2 (Club Topper)
- JW Part 2 (Club Zest/Pico)
Please don't worry too much if when you book you find you are on a waiting list. It is very difficult to know in advance what the demand will be for each type of ticket so we will adjust the allocations to reflect this on the basis of the time of booking. We have limited Club boats, so these will be allocated on the basis of booking order.
The following form part of this event:
This event has sold out, however you may still place bookings to be added to the waiting list. You will not be charged for your booking unless a space becomes available.
This event currently has no tickets available.
Last updated 8:58pm on 20 July 2020