Dinghy Instructor Pathway
Members will be able to book this course online from mid-April. Unfortunately we cannot offer places to non-members. We are running 3 junior training events in parallel over these 3 days in August to cover all bases. Each event has a spare day on August 26 to cater for adverse weather. Please be sure to book the event you want!
WWSC has built a strong tradition of growing future instructors from among our junior members who go on to teach at the Club. Our Dinghy Instructor Pathway training is designed as a first step along this journey. To take part you will need to be at least 15 and have reached a high enough level of dinghy sailing competence for it to be realistic for you to complete RYA DI certification in the next 12 months. You will be sailing in larger training dinghies whose rental is included in the price.
We can only run this event if there is sufficient demand and applicants will be offered alternatives or a refund if necessary. If you want to do the RYA Stage 4 course (learning to sail a double-hander) or the Dinghy Instructor Pathway, please choose one of the other 2 parallel events over these 3 days.
Cost of this training will be £142.50 per person.
When booking, please answer all the questions on the Form and if you want more than one ticket click "Add another" and repeat the process. You then click "Done, Add to basket" and move on to the payment stage by clicking the "your basket" link at the top of the screen.
When describing your child's current sailing ability, please choose between the following Grades A-E:
- A: A complete beginner (not suitable for this course)
- B: Can sail a simple figure-of-8 (tacking) under moderate conditions (not suitable for this course)
- C: Can rig and launch a single-hander and sail to East Head and back unaided in moderate conditions (not suitable for this course)
- D: A confident single-hander sailor in both moderate and stronger winds
- E: Considerable experience sailing single-handers and/or 2-person dinghies and wants to develop these skills further
The following form part of this event:
This event currently has no tickets available.
Last updated 5:54pm on 29 March 2021