[Policy revised 5 November 2020]
Below is the Club's Covid-19 Policy which is based on RYA advice. Appendices A & B provide relevant extracts from the UK Regulations and Guidance and these sections will be updated as and when these change.
WWSC Policy is to comply with all prevailing Regulations and to apply the RYA's Guiding Principles which are:
- We will always follow Government advice
- We will, as a boating community, take a considerate and conservative approach:
- Considerate: be mindful of the potential impact that you could have on other water users and do not place unnecessary extra strain on the RNLI or emergency services.
- Conservative: help to minimise risk by taking an extra conservative approach to your boating.
When we plan any Club organised events we will adhere to this Policy.
From November 5 2020 until at least December 2 England has been placed in a second lockdown. During this period it is against the law to leave your primary residence unless it is to carry out a permitted activity. In addition only a limited range of essential premises may stay open and this does not include sailing clubs. To see the impact of this please refer to the section "What are the Regulations and Guidance that we must follow?" in the Policy document below.
The main impact of the Regulations and Guidance on WWSC activities
- From midnight on Wednesday November 4th the Club car park, boat park and Hut will be closed to members. Members should not visit the Club or their boat (if it is in the car park) until the lockdown ends unless to do so is essential. We cannot foresee why that situation would arise. Members may leave their boats and other equipment at the Club until the lockdown ends.
- The Hard is a public place and so members may visit their boat(s) there as part of their permitted outdoor recreational activity but only with members of their household or with one person and so long as when doing so they do not access the Club.
- The Club season has finished but, even if it hadn't, we would not be running any organised activities during this lockdown period as to do so would be unlawful.
- Members are advised not to travel to Snowhill and the Hard if they are not already at their West Wittering home (unless the visit is essential). Visits to a second home are not permitted (unless it is necessary for work or another permitted activity).
You can read the full version of the Policy with its Appendices explaining the Government Guidance on this web page below or download it here WWSC Covid Policy - Issue 5.0 and read it at your leisure. The Contents page has hyperlinks to make it easier to find specific guidance.
Last updated 10:56 on 5 November 2020