[Page last revised 21 July 2021]
Government's Spring 2021 Road Map was published on February 22 and we have revised our Policy and Risk Assessments to reflect the changes each Step along the way. We have now reached Step 4.
WWSC Policy is to comply with all prevailing Regulations and to apply the RYA's Guiding Principles which are:
- We will always follow Government advice
- We will, as a boating community, take a considerate and conservative approach:
- Considerate: be mindful of the potential impact that you could have on other water users and do not place unnecessary extra strain on the RNLI or emergency services.
- Conservative: help to minimise risk by taking an extra conservative approach to your boating.
When we plan any Club organised events we will adhere to this Policy.
The main impact of the move to Step 4 on WWSC activities
On July 19th 2021 most of the legal restrictions previously implemented were ended. In their place the Government urged the public to continue to act cautiously but left the decisions on what this meant to individuals.
The 2 elements of the restrictions that had previously impacted on WWSC were the limits on "gatherings" and the requirement for "social distancing". Neither of these restrictions apply following Step 4.
Revised Guidance for WWSC Members
While the Government has removed the previous restrictions, it has kept in place certain measures including:
- testing when you have symptoms and targeted asymptomatic testing in education, high risk workplaces and to help people manage their personal risk;
- isolating when positive or when contacted by NHS Test and Trace or when advised to by the NHS COVID-19 app;
- expecting and recommending that people wear face coverings in crowded areas such as public transport;
- minimising the number, proximity and duration of social contacts.
From July 19 th members of WWSC are asked to remain cautious and sensible and to respect other member's concerns as to the need for distancing or wearing of masks as they enjoy activities at the Club.
For more information see " Moving to step 4 of the roadmap".
Last updated 08:37 on 14 October 2021