This section of our website provides information and advice for members who are using the Club during the Covid-19 pandemic. The information includes:
- The Club's Covid-19 Policy (with extracts from relevant UK Regulations and Guidance) - we have updated this to reflect the Government Spring 2021 Road Map.
- The Club's Covid-19 Risk Assessments (which summarise the control measures we are putting in place for each activity) - again updated for 2021
- Special arrangements for running Club racing - these are essentially the same as 2020
Operating a sailing club under Covid-19 constraints means we all have to learn to do things differently and in ways that don't come naturally - especially when many of us have had years of sailing without these restrictions. We now depend on all our members taking the trouble to familiarise themselves with these new arrangements and follow them. In this way we will all play our part in minimising the risks of the virus being transmitted between people due to our activities and demonstrate to everyone in our community that WWSC is playing its part in the efforts to protect everyone from the impact of a possible "second peak".
If you want to see the Commodore's latest message on Covid, click here.
The approach we have taken is simply to follow the principles set down by the RYA as reproduced below:
"These are the RYA's guiding principles that will underpin all guidance across the boating community. We would encourage decision makers to use these principles to inform their own decisions during the Covid-19 period.
1. We will always follow Government advice
- The COVID-19 preventative measures are vital to protecting health and wellbeing and to minimising pressure on frontline services. We all have a role to play by following the Government guidelines.
2. We will, as a boating community, take a considerate and conservative approach
- Considerate: be mindful of the potential impact that you could have on other water users and local communities. Do not place unnecessary extra strain on the RNLI and emergency services
- Conservative: help to minimise risk by taking an extra conservative approach to your boating."
Last updated 16:58 on 25 May 2021